Coordinator of Children's Christian Education
Below is the application for the Coordinator of Children's Christian Education position.
Coordinator of Children’s Christian Education
Position Summary:The Coordinator of Children’s Christian Education (CCCE) will coordinate the development of a Children’s Christian Education program, develop curriculum, recruit teachers, and lead children’s activities and events in collaboration with volunteers and staff. The program will emphasize interesting, creative, and meaningful Christian education in a manner consistent with the teachings and doctrine of the United Methodist Church.
- Build an intentional program for children’s Christian education.
- Work with pastor and other congregation members to recruit and train volunteers to assist in teaching or facilitating children’s classes and programs.
- Develop a curriculum for Sunday School classes.
- Lead, along with volunteers, Sunday School classes as needed.
- Help prepare and lead children’s activities during Sunday evening “The Bridge” services.
- Strengthen connections with district and conference Christian Education organizations.
- Support children in extracurricular activities outside of church.
- Attend staff meetings and committee meetings
- Participate with the church’s Children and Youth oversite committee.
- Adhere to Safe Church Policy Guidelines.
- Provide oversite for the nursery attendants.
- Provide timely communications about children’s activities for church newsletter or other appropriate outlets.
- Strong Christian faith and enthusiasm for working with children.
- Demonstrated leadership and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and/or implement a Children’s Christian Education curriculum.
- Basic computer skills, including MS Office applications Word and Excel.
- Strong spoken and written communication skills.
- Strong listening skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with volunteer staff.
- Ability to maintain appropriate personal boundaries.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record
- Must pass background check
- Must be able to complete an I-9
- Degree in childhood education a plus.
Work Environment:General office environment with exposure to low-grade radiation from computer monitor. Incumbent may be required to speak in front of groups of people. Incumbent must be able to work on Sundays; other hours are flexible. Possible exposure to bodily fluids when working with young children.
Sensory, Physical, and Mental Requirements:
Sensory: Frequent speaking, hearing, near vision, far vision and touch.
Physical: Frequent head/neck static position, rotation, flexion and extension. Frequent torso/back static position; occasional stooping, bending and twisting. Frequent finger dexterity; occasional simple grasp, firm grasp and wrist flexion. Occasional sitting, standing, walking, crouching, kneeling and climbing of stairs and ramps. Occasional lifting, pushing, pulling, reaching and carrying.
Mental: Ability to learn and prioritize multiple tasks at a given time. Ability to gather and analyze data, determine appropriate action, apply protocols and knowledge to unique situations, problem-solve and provide consultation.
- The Coordinator of Children’s Christian Education will be employed by Salmon Creek United Methodist Church under the direction and supervision of the Pastor and oversight of the Staff-Parish Relations Committee.
- The Coordinator of Children’s Christian Education will be employed 15-20 hours per week at a salaried rate.
- The Pastor and SPR Committee have the responsibility for all employment related actions, including hiring, evaluations, and salary negotiations.
- Reviews of this position will be conducted according to the church’s review policy.
- The church will provide Safe Church and CPR training as needed.
- The Coordinator of Children’s Christian Education will be permitted to take paid leave time according to the employee handbook. Unused paid leave time cannot be carried forward to subsequent years.
- Paid leave (except for illness) will be pre-approved in a timely manner with the Pastor. Earned paid leave shall be pro-rated and compensated upon termination or resignation.
There are no benefits associated with this position.
Coordinator of Children’s Christian Education Date
SPRC Chair Date
If you are interested in this position at Salmon Creek UMC, please print out the job application form, fill it out, and return it along with a cover letter, resume, and references to:
Salmon Creek United Methodist Church
12217 NE HWY 99 Vancouver, WA 98686