Coordinator of Youth Ministries
Below is the application for the Coordinator of Youth Ministries position.
Coordinator of Youth Ministries
Position Summary: The Coordinator of Youth Ministries (CYM) will coordinate the development of a creative youth ministry program and facilitate youth activities and events in collaboration with volunteers and staff. The program will emphasize creative expression (e.g., lead worship, plays, skits, dance etc.) as well as camaraderie, spiritual growth, and service opportunities for youth 6th – 12th grade in a manner consistent with the teachings and doctrine of the United Methodist Church.
- Build an intentional program for youth spiritual growth, service and fellowship, and creative expression.
- Work with pastor and other congregation members to recruit and train volunteers to assist in youth programs.
- Develop means to promote youth group within the community, including social media.
- Lead weekly youth group gatherings.
- Engage youth in Christian education and Bible study.
- Develop regular creative expression opportunities and interaction with “The Bridge” services.
- Participate with the church’s Children and Youth oversite committee.
- Create an environment where youth grow in acceptance of self and others.
- Equip and empower youth to lead their organization.
- Plan and facilitate mission trips and retreats for youth.
- Plan and facilitate community service projects for youth.
- Strengthen connections with district and conference youth organizations.
- Support youth in extracurricular activities outside of church.
- Attend staff meetings and committee meetings.
- Adhere to Safe Church Policy Guidelines.
- Strong Christian faith and enthusiasm for working with youth.
- Demonstrated leadership and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement a Youth Ministry program.
- Basic computer skills, including MS Office applications Word and Excel.
- Ability to work effectively and appropriately with social media.
- Ability to responsibly manage financial resources with accountability.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- String listening skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with volunteers.
- Ability to maintain appropriate personal boundaries.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record
- Must pass background check
- Must be able to complete an I-9
- College degree a plus.
Work Environment: General office environment with exposure to low-grade radiation from computer monitor. Incumbent may be required to speak in front of groups of people. Incumbent must be able to work on Sundays; other hours are flexible.
Sensory, Physical, and Mental Requirements:
Sensory: Frequent speaking, hearing, near vision, far vision and touch.
Physical: Frequent head/neck static position, rotation, flexion and extension. Frequent torso/back static position; occasional stooping, bending and twisting. Frequent finger dexterity; occasional simple grasp, firm grasp and wrist flexion. Occasional sitting, standing, walking, crouching, kneeling and climbing of stairs and ramps. Occasional lifting, pushing, pulling, reaching and carrying.
Mental: Ability to learn and prioritize multiple tasks at a given time. Ability to gather and analyze data, determine appropriate action, apply protocols and knowledge to unique situations, problem-solve and provide consultation.
- The Coordinator of Youth Ministries will be employed by Salmon Creek United Methodist Church under the direction and supervision of the Pastor and oversight of the Staff-Parish Relations Committee.
- The Coordinator of Youth Ministries will be employed 15-20 hours per week at a salaried rate.
- The Pastor and SPR Committee have the responsibility for all employment related actions, including hiring, evaluations, and salary negotiations.
- Reviews of this position will be conducted according to the church’s review policy.
- The Coordinator of Youth Ministries will be permitted to take paid leave time according to the employee handbook Unused paid leave time cannot be carried forward to subsequent years.
- Paid leave (except for illness) will be pre-approved in a timely manner with the Pastor. Earned paid leave shall be pro-rated and compensated upon termination or resignation.
There are no benefits associated with this position.
Coordinator of Children’s Christian Education Date
SPRC Chair Date
If you are interested in this position at Salmon Creek UMC, please print out the job application form, fill it out, and return it along with a cover letter, resume, and references to:
Salmon Creek United Methodist Church
12217 NE HWY 99 Vancouver, WA 98686